With the summer transfer window approaching, Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta has revealed that they have a contingency plan in place should any of their three star forwards leave this year. The Bianconeri currently sit top of Serie A and look largely likely to challenge for the Champions League title later on this season. However, even with Ronaldo’s departure after joining Real Madrid last week for £112 million, Juve are still one of Europe’s biggest spenders – having already spent over €600 million since winning it all back in 2011/12 season. Their success is built around an incredible front 3-Gonzalo Higuain (€90m), Paulo Dybala (€73m) and Mario Mandzukic (€32m).
With the most expensive signings in history, Juventus are looking to break their dependence on Paulo Dybala and Gonzalo Higuain. The Old Lady’s attack will rely heavily on new talents such as Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., Alvaro Morata, Moise Kean and Emre Can. But what about those they may lose? Taking a look at some of Juve’s rivals’ contingency plans we can see how likely it is for this season to be one where Manchester United win the leagueThe Juventus board has reportedly set their sights on securing the services of Manchester United striker Anthony Martial, Inter Milan forward Mauro Icardi and Arsenal’s Alexandre Lacazette in case they are forced to sell Paulo Dybala.
Juventus are interested in signing France internationals Anthony Martial and Alexandre Lacazette. courtesy of Getty Images
Discover all of the significant transactions and see how we ranked the biggest acquisitions during the summer transfer season, which was unlike any other. Even if the window is closed until January, the rumors will continue to circulate. Here is the most recent rumor and gossip.
TOP STORY: Juve is preparing a backup plan for Vlahovic.
If they don’t get Dusan Vlahovic from Fiorentina, Juventus have a list of five forwards they’d want to recruit.
According to Calciomercato, the Serie A club intends to sign Vlahovic, 21, but due to foreign interest, they may miss out on a deal. They are apparently keeping an eye on Mauro Icardi, Darwin Nunez, Alexandre Lacazette, Anthony Martial, and Gianluca Scamacca.
Juventus and a slew of other prominent European clubs have been connected with the 21-year-old attacker. Arsenal and Tottenham Hotspur have been linked with a deal for the Serbia international in recent weeks.
Icardi, a striker for Paris Saint-Germain, has been restricted to a substitute role for the Ligue 1 club owing to the front four of Lionel Messi, Kylian Mbappe, Neymar, and Angel Di Maria ahead of him.
Lacazette’s contract with Arsenal expires in the summer, and he has recently been linked with transfers to Atletico Madrid and Newcastle United.
Martial has only played in a couple games this season, totaling slightly under 250 minutes across all competitions. The France international arrived for nearly £50 million from AS Monaco in 2015, although he might go in quest of playing time.
Nunez, a striker for Benfica, has been connected with a transfer to Barcelona, while Scamacca, a rising star for Sassuolo and the Italy national team, has been linked with a move to a number of Serie A teams.
– LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ (U.S.) – Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – Don’t have access to ESPN? Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
Valencia in LaLiga is considering a deal for Wolves winger Adama Traore, according to journalist Ekrem Konur. The 25-year-contract old’s is set to expire in 2023, with the club aiming to extend it for another three years. However, interest from a Spanish club might put pressure on them to make a decision on his future at Molineux.
– Real Madrid president Florentino Perez is interested in signing Internazionale midfielder Marcelo Brozovic this summer and might enlist the support of Luka Modric to do so. Los Blancos are reportedly interested in signing the 28-year-old, who may leave Italy on a free transfer, according to El Nacional. According to the article, Modric, Brozovic’s Croatian international colleague, might play a role in any deal as Madrid try to beat other European teams to the signature.
– Another from Madrid, as Real playmaker Isco will leave the club in the summer when his contract expires, according to AS. Carlo Ancelotti’s plans do not include the 29-year-old, who has played just a few minutes since his arrival. As a consequence, neither the player nor the club are interested in extending his contract, which runs out at the conclusion of the season.
– New Barcelona manager Xavi is not interested in signing Napoli’s Franck Kessie, indicating that Real Madrid is interested in a deal. According to El Nacional, Madrid president Florentino Perez is aiming to overhaul the squad’s midfield, with out-of-contract Kessie being one of the names he is considering.
– Premier League rivals Newcastle United and West Ham United are reportedly in talks to acquire Marseille defender Duje Caleta-Car. According to Calciomercato, the 25-year-old, who is out of contract in 2023, might be a target for two teams wanting to improve their defensive depth.